STORY ARTISTS, Aardman Animations Ltd
Role categories: Animation
- Rate/Salary: Salary dependent on experience
- Location: Bristol
- Type: contract
- Starting date: 01/10/2017
- Expires: 08/09/2017
Aardman are seeking Story Artists with strong storytelling ability to work across a number of feature film projects, who can interpret and translate a script and work to a Director’s brief to produce strong cinematic storyboard sequences.
We would love to hear from:
- Experienced Story Artists and Junior Story Artists ideally with availability from October 2017
- Internship applicants to attend a 6-week paid internship in November/December 2017
To be considered for either a Senior or Junior role, you should have proven drawing and storytelling ability with an excellent understanding of composition, layout and editing. You’ll have a strong sense of drama, a great sense of humour and ideally digital storyboarding expertise (i.e. on a drawing tablet with Photoshop). You’ll be able to work on your own initiative as well as to a brief and you must be happy working to tight deadlines in a collaborative environment.
To be considered for an Internship, you’ll have a portfolio which demonstrates a basic storytelling ability (e.g. cinematic staging, a sense of drama/comedy/action etc.) together with a competent level of draughtsmanship (knowledge of composition, design, layout, motion etc.). You must be able to work to a deadline in a collaborative environment as well as being comfortable working digitally (i.e. on a drawing tablet with Photoshop)
• Email your Cover Letter and CV with a link to your online portfolio (website or blogspot/tumblr etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
• PLEASE DO state the email subject as either: ‘Features Story Artist (Experienced)’, ‘Features Story Artist (Junior)’ or ‘Features Internship’
• You will receive a confirmation of receipt. Please note that the confirmation of receipt is not automated and therefore not immediate.
Deadline for applications: 6pm on Friday 8th September 2017
We will only accept applications through the above channels. If you submit your portfolio another way (e.g. email attachment, dropbox link etc.) we cannot guarantee that it will be seen.
Successful applicants will be contacted to further the process.
Due to the diverse nature of the projects, applicants, regardless of their experience, might be asked to complete a test as part of the selection process. Further details; regarding projects, contracts and salary will be discussed at a later stage of the recruitment process.