UX and Design Manager, Unite Students
Function: Digital Designer
Role categories: Digital / Interactive, Technical
- Rate/Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Location: Bristol
- Type: permanent
- Starting date: 01/09/2017
- Expires: 31/08/2017
Location: Bristol City Centre
Team: Platform Development
Working Hours: 37.5 per week between the hours of 8.30 am and 5 pm
Application Process: Applications can be made through the website link included here. Please attach or include a link to your portfolio along with your CV
What you’ll get up to as the UX and Design Manager
To give you an idea what to expect, you’ll be:
- Leading a small team of ambitious and talented UX and visual designers
- Using a variety of industry standard and emerging software to deliver game-changing app and web experiences for our students
- Working with our customer base of around 50,000 students to research and test your team’s concepts
- Using agile methodologies, your team works alongside a large and fast paced team of brilliant developers
- Reporting to one of two Senior Product Owners, at times getting the opportunity to call the shots as a PO working as part of the Scrum team to deliver the latest release
- Supporting with releases on our student facing ecommerce website, market leading customer app, corporate website or an internal system
More about Platform Development at Unite Students
We work hard and we work fast but we deliver amazing things. In the last twelve months we’ve released an app, added a whole bunch of features based on our student insight, and overhauled our entire booking and tenancy process following extensive user research by the UX and Design team.
We’ve designed and built a new corporate site using numerous rounds of user testing and most recently we’ve developed a bespoke in-app chat platform so that our students can meet their flatmates before they move in. There are exciting times ahead at Unite Students and you will be central to all digital developments.
What we look for in you
- A passion for all things digital and an understanding of how students use digital in their lives
- UX and design ownership of a transactional channel
- Discovery and user modelling
- User journey creation and re-iteration
- Interaction and interface design
- Optimisation for mobile and international audiences
- Usability testing principles
- Information architecture and experience of planning content structure
- Working within an Agile project development process
Benefits of working with us We recognise that your hard work shouldn’t come without its perks, so here’s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us: Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Benefits of working with us
We recognise that your hard work shouldn’t come without its perks, so here’s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
South Quay House, Temple Back
Other jobs at Unite Students
An External Communications Executive is required to join our Communications team in central Bristol on a permanent basis. WHAT THE EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS...
Rate/salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits