SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, axisVFX
Function: Systems Administrator
Role categories: Animation, TV / Film / Video / Radio, Technical
- Rate/Salary: Competitive rate
- Location: Bristol
- Starting date: 09/07/2017
- Expires: 19/07/2017
Axis VFX are undergoing an explosive expansion and seeking a SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR to join the tech support team on a permanent basis on site in our Bristol studio. The role carries a high level of responsibility, providing technical support for our Bristol studio, so we’re looking for an experienced administrator, with an industry background and the ability to support multiple technologies.
You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who thrives working in a fast paced environment, capable of handling operational tasks in support of both general IT systems and in the operation of render farm systems. With good communication skills as well as analytical and problem-solving abilities, the ideal candidate will have an understanding and/or appreciation of the challenging nature of the animation/VFX industry. An ability to make decisions and perform well under pressure is essential.
The SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and performance of systems hardware and software, including servers, network devices, workstations and associated kit. This individual will be responsible for supporting and implementing systems within our Bristol studio as well as supporting the London studio, ensuring that system hardware and software and general operating systems are functioning as required, enabling the team to work effectively and efficiently.
Whilst the role will be based in the Bristol studio, there will be a requirement to work from our London studio, on an as required basis, from time to time.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Participate in administration of backup operations.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Support workstation management, imaging, and configuration.
- Ensure proper documentation of systems and procedures.
- Support physical security systems and ensure proper functioning.
- Support in-house application configuration and usage.
- Maintain asset tracking systems to ensure best management of resources.
- Assess, troubleshoot, and resolve user hardware/software issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Maintain floating license servers.
- Apply OS and firmware patches and upgrades.
- Upgrade and configure infrastructure systems and software per as needed.
- Maintain server room and colocation facility environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- CentOS / Redhat Linux
- Samba and NFS configuration in multiplatform environment
- Knowledge of Windows 7 Pro including installation and configuration
- Windows Server OS and Active Directory
- Strong working knowledge of Linux including command line
- An understanding of servers, networking, storage and render systems for troubleshooting purposes
- Python coding
- Shell scripting
- LAN/WAN networking
- Experience of troubleshooting creative programs such as Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, Nuke, Fusion
Other jobs at axisVFX
Axis VFX is seeking to recruit a PRODUCER on an ongoing basis to work on upcoming VFX projects onsite in...
Rate/salary: Competitive rate
The VFX Editorial assistant incorporates and updates all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of the...
Rate/salary: Competitive rate