Midweight Web Developer, Mr B & Friends
Function: Web Developer
Role categories: Advertising & Marketing, Digital / Interactive, Technical , Mobile Marketing
- Rate/Salary: Competitive TBC
- Location: Bristol
- Type: permanent
- Starting date: 01/04/2017
- Expires: 01/07/2017
Are you looking to make the step up to your next role in a one of the fastest growing agencies in the South west? Ready to work on projects which utilise the latest tools at the very forefront of web tech? Can you imagine leading a well organised, efficient team embracing the latest working techniques and best practices? Then read on!
Ahead of moving to our brand new Bristol offices and part of our ongoing growth, Mr B and Friends are seeking a Mid / Senior Developer to join our growing Digital team.
About the Role...
Reporting directly to our Technical Lead, you’ll be working alongside a wealth of talented individuals across all areas of the agency from development, to design and client services all of whom come together to create a dynamic and vibrant office environment.
Day to day work involves collaborating with a team of focused developers and designers working on “green field” web builds and also undertaking continuous development of our long term web projects. You will be frontend focused, but with the knowledge and expertise to function effectively across the full stack. We promote an agile (lowercase “a”!) methodologies and continually look to evolve our processes and techniques to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients.
You won’t have your head in code all day though. As an experienced team member, you’ll be expected to contribute directly to agency discussions regarding new digital work and be comfortable voicing your opinions and providing expertise on all matters technical.
Alongside day to day work, we’ll also provide you with training opportunities to allow to keep up to date with the latest web tech and digital trends. We provide fully paid subscriptions to the very best learning platforms on the web and you’ll be expected to further your own development by exploring new technologies and techniques which could add value to yourself and the agency.
Life at Mr B and Friends is fast paced and exciting and it will offer you the career opportunities to take your career to the next level within a vibrant and fun agency environment.
Let’s get down to brass tacks shall we? Below are the key skills we’re looking for. Make sure you’re comfortable with most of them before applying!
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an agency environment
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and practical experience of implementing sites with at least one Content Management System (we work primarily with an advanced WordPress stack)
- Pushing the boundaries of WordPress as a CMS - using the REST API etc
- Using the latest JS tech including VueJS and React
- A proven track record of producing Responsive websites with a specific focus on progressive enhancement, "Mobile-first" techniques, accessibility and performance.
- Familiarity with CSS Preprocessors such as SASS and LESS.
- Thorough understanding of x-browser compatibility issues.
- Comfortable with web tooling tech such as Gulp, Webpack, Composer, npm/yarn...etc
- Working knowledge of the Git version control system and associated workflows such as Gitflow.
- Ability to contribute meaningfully to our Spotify playlists (these things don’t make themselves you know!)
- Experience working with the Laravel PHP Framework.
- Familiarity working with Linux servers, including provisioning and configuring Apache/Nginx. Experience of Ansible and/or AWS would be a bonus.
- Process driven and keen to maintain standards across a team.
- Ability to maintain an awareness of industry best practices, standards and trends, particularly in regard to emerging technologies, accessibility and user experience.
- Comfortable defining and implementing strong User Experiences with loose guidance
- Strong core understanding of Web Accessibility including WCAG 2.0 and WAI-ARIA.
- An eclectic musical taste (we can’t vouch for the quality of our Studio playlist!)
- Comfortable with agile working practices and “methodologies”